Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by McCall Baugh
5 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for California on
Q: I was in an auto accident that was 0% my fault and 100% the other driver's fault. Suffered multiple fractures in my leg

Long story short the maximum payout from her insurance for bodily injuries only cover a fraction of the medical bills and yet I still need another surgery. She has no assets to sue for. My lawyer is asking her to contribute personal money of her own since she was under insured. We get a letter from... Read more »

McCall Baugh
McCall Baugh answered on Oct 25, 2017

You both happen to be insured with the same carrier. This happens a lot and does not necessarily constitute bad faith or a conflict of interest. She doesn't have the insurance coverage nor the assets to cover your damages. Sounds like you don't have underinsured motorist coverage in excess of her... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for California on
Q: My dad was served with papers for a man with a similar name but he is not that person. What should he do?

They are sueing this person for medical expenses acquired because of a car accident.

McCall Baugh
McCall Baugh answered on Oct 17, 2017

If your dad has car insurance, he should give the papers to them and explain he was served, but that he is not the right person. His insurance will take care of it from there.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: I have toxic mold in my unit I have done a quick in home test and came back positive I withheld the rent. I need help

I have a major leak from upstairs unit still and i notified the landlord. She served me with an unlawful detainer which we went to court on last Friday. I was ordered to pay her 1600 by the 16th or be moves out by the 31st. Me and my kids have been sick numerous times since we moved in January. I... Read more »

McCall Baugh
McCall Baugh answered on Aug 13, 2017

There are many laws that protect renters in California, and many local ordinances may apply based on what city you live in. I strongly recommend speaking to an attorney that knows mold cases well. I recommend Cheryl Bossio:

View More Answers

5 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for California on
Q: I might can get sued for over $100,000 and I do not have that kind amount of money.

Back in 2015 I got into 3 cars involved accident. It was my fault. I didn't pay enough attention while driving. Most damage was on my car and the car in front of me. Now the problem is that the lady I hit might wants to sue me for her personal injury on her neck/back, according to my insurance... Read more »

McCall Baugh
McCall Baugh answered on May 17, 2017

You buy insurance in the event that if something like this happens, you have coverage. I don't know how much coverage is on your vehicle, but let your insurance do their job and hire an attorney. Voice your concerns to your adjuster, or the attorney if they are already assigned.

Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.