Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Breanna Compitello
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for South Carolina on
Q: Is there anything that can be done to get an Order, signed by a Judge in Family Court, reversed? He ruled against defend

The couple were married only 6 weeks when she had to leave. She is 23 and she was threatened by the Plaintiff with an arrest if she didn't come in and sign the Separation Papers that day. Out of fear, she did sign without reading them thereby that separation of properties, she didn't know... View More

Breanna Compitello
Breanna Compitello pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 13, 2022

Sounds like there may have been some level of coercion in signing the document. When the documents are signed and incorporated into a court proceeding, the Judge always asks questions to rule out any coercion. If this was outside of court and just an agreement signed between the parties, then there... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.