Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Gregory Andrews Cade
1 Answer | Asked in Environmental, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How can we stop our neighbor from nuisance burning trash?

We live outside city limits near Enid, Oklahoma and our neighbor burns hay that has been soaked in goat urine and feces as well as burning her household trash every day. The piles are burning and/or smoldering constantly and the smell is horrible. Our home, clothes, cars, and even hair smell like... Read more »

Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade answered on Apr 18, 2017

Consult an Oklahoma personal injury attorney; you might have a private nuisance case which can be remedied by an injunction or money damages. Good luck.

2 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Environmental for New York on
Q: now retired NYC teacher How long do I have to sue dept of ed due to serious health issues caused by toxic environment

Low levels of asbestos was found in my classroom and other teachers also became diagnosed with autoimmune diseases. I am recovering from a double lung transplant and I can never go back to work.

Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade answered on Jun 12, 2017

In New York, the statute of limitations for a plaintiff intending to file an asbestos claim is three years from the time of the diagnosis of the asbestos-related disease.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Small Claims and Real Estate Law for Ohio on
Q: Is there legal action I can take if I received and FHA loan to buy a house and the roof turned out to be asbestos?
Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade answered on Aug 9, 2017

While the law requires house sellers in the U.S. to disclose the presence of asbestos on the property to potential buyers, they cannot be held responsible if they were not aware of the issue. Therefore, it is essentially a matter of proving whether the seller had known about the existence of... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Massachusetts on
Q: My company did not follow procedure And had me work on blocking That was contaminated With asbestos. What should I do.
Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade answered on Aug 9, 2017

You cannot take legal action to recover financial compensation for asbestos exposure unless you develop a serious disease like lung cancer or mesothelioma following the incident. Since cases involving asbestos exposure are personal injury cases, there can be no legal recourse if a personal injury... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.