Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Emmanuel Muwonge
1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Personal Injury for Wisconsin on
Q: Person bitten by a dog who is hired to take care of them

A person is hired to take care of dogs at a breeders place. This person is bitten breaking up a dog fight due to the persons negligence of running dogs together that were known alphas. Does the person have a lawsuit. went to emergency room for stitches.

Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge answered on Nov 26, 2016

If we assume you were bitten during the course of your employment, your exclusive remedy as an employee injured during the course of your employment is a claim pursuant to the Workers Compensation laws of Wisconsin. If your employer has no Workers Compensation coverage, you may be able to pursue a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Wisconsin on
Q: I'm hosting my classmates in a woodworking class at my house to work on a project.

Should I be worried if one of them gets injured using the tools?

Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge answered on Nov 4, 2016

I believe it all depends upon what your homeowners insurance policy says. Is this regular activity at your house and is the risk it poses contemplated by your insurance company?

Certainly if someone gets injured it is going to depend upon what caused the injury, whether or not the injury...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Wisconsin on
Q: My husband has been in a rehab center in Mayville Wi for over 9 weeks He is being abused mentally verbally and neglected

He receives no meds wrong meds too many meds...he is served cold food no food wrong food....his dressing is not changed per Drs orders he is not tolieted in a timely fashion he is served food while on the bed pan no call light sits there for 2 hours...and on and on..I have secured a safe place for... Read more »

Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge answered on Sep 14, 2016

I am sorry your husband has been subjected to what you describe and in many respects sounds like abuse and neglect. I have quite a bit of questions and don't know if this is the ideal forum to address the questions. Nonetheless, I would like to ascertain whether or not what you refer to as... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Wisconsin on
Q: When a medical malpractice claim is dismissed without prejustice to file in state court... Which court would that be

Filed in

Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge answered on Sep 8, 2016

If the order instructed "to file in State Court" that would mean that you need to file in the State where the alleged malpractice occurred and more specifically, in the County Circuit Court with jurisdiction over the alleged defendants and their action or failure . I hope I have answered... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.