Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Christopher Coats
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Q: My eleven year old stole something for school and was caught on camera, what is the age for a child to be held custody,

He tried to returned the item to a coach and the item was missing placed. Item is 100.00 or less. What might happen to him.

Christopher Coats
Christopher Coats answered on Dec 15, 2017

He will most likely have a juvenile court hearing. The court will work with him to learn why stealing is bad. It will then be expunged or cleaned from his record.

Good luck.

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee on
Q: If you never leave private property where people are not expected can you get a dui
Christopher Coats
Christopher Coats answered on Dec 15, 2017

It depends on what you mean by private property. Shopping malls, private schools, etc. are on private property but the police have a duty to monitor vehicular traffic. If it was a some place like a private farm, the police cannot arrest you for dui.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.