Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: Can you help me in re-establishing communication and visitation with my granddaugther?

I had to give the child back to the mother in 2008 when my son was not able to take care of the child. The mother promised both set of grandparents that we would be able to see her during school vacations and talk with her on the phone. We were' cut off from the child in May 2009. There's been no communication between us and the child. We are very concerned. The child is in Las Vegas and we the grandparents are in California. We have no problem in traveling to see the child.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Douglas Kane Jr
Robert Douglas Kane Jr
  • Orange, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to post this in the Nevada law area and/or speak to a Nevada lawyer since the child resides there. I am not familiar with Nevada law, but you may be able to petition for visitation rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.