Asked in Divorce for California

Q: Our divorce granted 2/7/11,we have 1 daughtrer 8yrs old now.court deny the child support bcs she is w/him,i hve 2 jobs.

So he is the one taking care of her most of the days.the judge rule 5days on him & 2 days w/me.but my daughter dont want to stay with him,so i took her and get somebody to watch her while im working at night.were going to have another trial for support,& my lawyer said he dont want to settle for anything bcs he said the judge will get his side.he's off island for 2 wks so im taking care of her,and since after the hearing she stays w/me most of the time.what advice you should give me?

Im telling him that i can get rid of the other job but i have to make sure that he will give child support,but he dont want to do it.its been hard for me to not be with my daughter.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ute Ferdig
Ute Ferdig
  • Newcastle, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to discuss this with your attorney who has the benefit of all the facts. The child custody order should reflect what really happens and child support should be based on actual time shares not what what's written in a custody order that the parents are not following. Something tells me that there is more to your story. You should get your legal advice from your attorney whom you are paying to represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.