Austin, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: Is a warn on an ignition interlock a probation violation?

I havent drank in 16 months. the warn occured because i used air sanitizer. i then realized it contains sd alcohol 40-b . i didnt start the car instead i opened it up let it air out till i couldnt smell it anymore then it passed. i havent been able to sleep at night im so worried. ive never had a warn or fail before. what should i do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna Summersett
Anna Summersett
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your probation officer will receive a copy of your interlock report. They generally understand these machines needs to be calibrated and can have interference. However, you will want to meet with a local criminal defense attorney to determine if a Motion to Revoke your probation has been filed and if there is a warrant for your arrest. From there, an experienced attorney can help explain the situation to the probation officer and negotiate an appropriate outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.