Chisago, MN asked in Criminal Law for Minnesota

Q: Do I need a lawyer for a 609.605 (1) (b) (4) statute. Treaspassing.

My neighbors had dog barking for three days an two nights. Continual. Sent my husband over to find out why. He knocked on the door it opened he took a step in an a dog jumped into he's arms. Leaving he didn't know what to do with the dog he walked to his car an a young. Boy asked him not to take the dog he gave the. Boy the dog an said he was barking. We didn't want to involve the police just wanted the dog,turns out dogs to stop. Well our neighbors think we were trying to steal from them. We don't know them an they don't know us. What do we do? Heart broken in minnesota.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Douglas Kane Jr
Robert Douglas Kane Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Orange, CA
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Hiring a qualified criminal defense attorney will ensure that the evidence is properly evaluated, and possible defenses are asserted, and all of the defendants rights are protected. In addition, an attorney will effectivly negotiate with the prosecution. The bottom line is that an attorney will ensure the best possible outcome for your husband. Attorney fees in this case should be fairly reasonable.

As you aware probably aware, this offense carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and a $1,000. This is very unlikley, but without additional information it is impossible to determine what the outcome may be.

You should not talk (or post) about the facts of the case with anyone besides your husband and an attorney. Your question basically states that he broke the law. Although you focus on the dog, that does not appear to be why he was charged. The charge really concerns whether or not he entered the dwelling.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.