When calculating child support and owning your own business, do they take the gross of what the business brings in?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Stephen J. Plog

Answered 4 years ago

If you are self employed, pursuant to C.R.S. 14-10-115, your income would be your gross business revenues minus your normal recurring business expenses and perhaps other necessary expenses. In essence, it would be whatever salary you pay yourself, plus any profit for the company. The court, or a smart lawyer, will also factor in any personal expenses you pay out of the business, if any.