San Bernardino, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: I discharged sex crime comm in 2000. I am curr on parole for burglary. Can I legally have gps removed and return home?

In 1991 I was commited to state prison for a 288(a). I served my time and completed my parole in 2000. I had no legal troubles and always registered as a pc 290 until 2007 when I was convicted of a 459 2nd degree burglary. I have a gps monitor and am not allowed to return home to Hesperia due to my burg victim's request. can I legally have gps removed and return home, perhaps placed on regular parole as burglary and not a recent sex offender?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan James Tegnelia
Ryan James Tegnelia
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It would depend on who is ordering you to wear the GPS monitor and to not be in Hesperia. If it is your parole officer, then you would need to take it up with them, if it is a court order, you may be able to calendar a motion and get that order modified.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.