Jacksonville, FL asked in DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: Fla resident arrested in Ga, ch'd Driving w/lic suspended, dui. Pled guilty, sentenced to prob, susp dl 1 yr.

Is it legal to go back to FL on day of release and get new DL and start driving?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Daniel Marc Berman
Daniel Marc Berman
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: When your probation is up you certainly can go back to Florida. I doubt Florida will give you a DL if you have a 1 year suspension in Georgia though.


Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Can't get new DL and start driving if license is suspended, have to wait until that is over.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.