If you were convicted of a crime in 1987, can they use that against you in 2012?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Doak Willis

Answered 2 years ago

The answer depends on the type crime the person was convicted upon. If the term of sentence for the crime was completed more than ten (10) years prior to the new crime the person is being charged with, the old crime cannot be used for enhancement purposes.