Gainesville, FL asked in Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: Can and how can I give up my part of the inheritance which I don't want any part of from Florida where I live?

My mother past away and her brother and sisters are trying to divide their inheritance in Puerto Rico and obtain a title for each one, we are four brother and sisters for my mother's part. Can and how can I resign on my part of the inheritance which I don't want any part of from Florida which I currently live?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lcdo. Ivan M. Alers
Lcdo. Ivan M. Alers
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: In general, In Puerto Rico, for resign your part of the inheritance it has to be thru a public document before a Notary Public. If you are out of Puerto Rico, you have the option to give a Power of Attorney for sign the public document before the Notary Public.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.