My sister is dying and has no will or power of attorney. I am the last survivor. How can I get power of attorney

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Paula J. Mcgill

Answered 2 years ago

If she is of sound mind, she can give you power of attorney to handle her affairs while she is alive. The power of attorney terminates when she dies.

Once she dies, you should petition the court to become her administrator. The probate court of the county where your sister resides will have the forms.