Once we have filed divorce papers, do I have to remain in NC?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Rachel Lea Hunter

Answered 2 years ago

No. But you might want to stay here long enough to get your divorce. If there are any minor children involved, you also may not be able to move out of state with the children unless these issues are resolved separately in either an agreement or a separate action.