The NCP was ordered to pay, but waited for IRS intercept. FL DOR closed cased due to disability. What can I do?

More details:

The NCP was ordered to pay child support in 2008. Evenutally, the IRS started intercepting his refunds. After that shock, he conceded that he would wait for Intercepts. He recently called to say he "paid" the CS, which would bring him out from arrears; however, the FL DOR as well as his state have closed the cases. FL informs me it's due to permanent disability--yet they never contacted me--this was months ago. What can I do?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Robert Jason De Groot

Answered 2 years ago

File a motion for contempt if there is an arrearage. The child might be eligible for social security benefits.