Winter Haven, FL asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: Can I file for emergency custody if my daughter's mother is married to someone with misdemeanor drug charges?

I have taken care of my daughter since she was born. Mom came around once or twice a week, sometimes she didn't come around for two weeks at a time. She had another baby about 8 or 9 months ago and decided the last couple months she was going to take daughter all of the time. I have so much proof proving I am her primary care taker (we had a mediation done and everything was supposed to be 50/50 it hasn't been at all). Now she is keeping her all but one or 2 days a week. Won't answer her phone when I call to try to get my child. I cannot pick her up from school because I work until 5pm and if anyone else like my fiance or our babysitter picks her up and doesn't give daughter to her she threatens to call the police and have them arrested for kidnapping her child. HELP PLEASE!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to speak with an attorney. Call for a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.