Snellville, GA asked in Employment Law for Georgia

Q: Should i get a lawyer

I make 3.15 an hour plus tips. my employer took my whole check after taxes for shortages on our keno lotto drawer that i had no control over. then sent me home 2 hours before my shift was over without letting me close out with my current customers. Not only taking my check nut refused me the tips i could have had.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: At the minimum, you should consult with an experienced local wage and hour (employment) lawyer who offers free initial consultations. The attorney will be able in the initial consultation if you have a case that warrants hiring counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.