My husband is out of state and I have no contact with him could I just have my divorce ran through the paper?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Paula J. Mcgill

Answered 2 years ago

Not necessarily. You have to make an attempt to locate him first. If you cannot locate him, you have to obtain leave of court to serve him by publication. You should consider hiring counsel to guide you through this process. It's not as easy as just publishing the matter in a paper.