How old does the child have to be to decide an what form do I need?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

David Scott Heier Esq

Answered 2 years ago

Ohio no longer has a minimum age. It is illegal to have a child sign any document expressing their preference of a parent to live with. Only the Court Judge or Magistrate determines whether a child is of sufficient maturity to make a rational choice. This is done in the chambers of the Judge/Magistrate and without parents or lawyers.