I filed a motion to modify parenting plan on March 11, 2013 in Colorado. How long does the other party have to respond

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Stephen J. Plog

Answered 2 years ago

Pursuant to statute, and assuming there was not already a contested hearing set in the case, the other party has 21 days to respond. However, though technically, your motion should be granted if they do not, some courts will still go through the process of setting hearings or status conferences to give them a chance prior to granting your requested relief.