My wife hasn't worked since we got married, I sent her to school, nw she filed for divorce, do i have to pay alimony?

More details:

She is asking for half of everything, we were only married for 4 years, we have a 2 yr old daughter, and I got the house shortly after we got married, her name isn't on anything, her credit is horrible, i wont her out of the home, but she filed a false TPO on me now I can't got to the home and responsible for the bills, can anyone help me?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Beverly L. Cohen

Answered 2 years ago

Your question cannot be answered here because it depends on too many other things. The best advice I can give you is to consult with an attorney. If you have already been served with the complaint for divorce, consider whatever she is asking for in the complaint as her "wish list." In a complaint for divorce, the plaintiff often asks for everything but rarely does either party get everything they ask for. If the parties cannot resolve the issues themselves, then a judge will do it for them.

Robert Guillory Esq

Answered 2 years ago

Asking for and getting are two different things. First it depends what state you are in. Most lawyers give a free consultation. Call a couple and find one you feel comfortable with.