Asked in Estate Planning for North Carolina

Q: Grandmother died in NC. I currently live in Ontario, Canada -- was told can't act as Exec. of will from here. True?

Lawyer in charge of family trust in NC wants me to sign a Renunciation of Right to Qualify for Letters Testamentary or Letters of Administration renouncing my right to administor my grandmother's estate as her chosen Executor and appoint him as administor of estate because he states as I am living out of the country, regardless I have always been US Citizen, I cannot legally do so because I do not currently live in NC. Also, eventhough I had physically taken my grandmother to his office several times and know he was aware of my address and phone numbers, the lawyer had himself listed as my grandmother's Emergency Contact at nursing facility where she died, did not alert me he was doing so, and did not inform me when she died. I found out over a month later.

Should I sign Renunciation?