Orlando, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: My son is 19 and still in high school. Do I still have to pay support? I requested it to stop after 18 but it didn't.

• Clearwater, FL
  • Licenced in Florida

A: Support generally ends no later than 19 so you need to contact the clerk or the court asap and stop the support garnishment. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Justia Legal Answers is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Legal Answers is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Legal Answers without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.