If someone came to TN on a green card and stayed 2.5 years and left the country and not return in 6 months.

More details:

Can he still come back after 6 months of his stay outside the US?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Rehim Babaoglu

Answered 2 years ago

If a person stays out of the United States more than six months, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers can question you and ask the reason for your being out of the country so long. He then admit you with a warning regarding overstays abroad. If you are out of the country more than one year, however, it is very likely that they may cancel your permanent residency status. In that event you would have to fight in immigration court to keep your green card Protby proving that you did not abandon your U.S. permanent residency status.

Good luck to you.

Rehim Babaoglu, Attorney At Law



Suite 2900, 40 S. Main St.

Memphis, TN 38103-5529

tel: (901) 525-8721 fax: (901) 531-8514

e-mail: BabaogluR@ThomasonLaw.com

website: www.thomasonlaw.com

? Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.