Can a collector garnish tax refund when its pending in my bank acct. my wife owes the debt but shes a h/maker w/o income

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Rachel Lea Hunter

Answered 2 years ago

There is no tax intercept unless the debt is for child support or something like that. However, I hope that if your wife owes the debt, that your wife does not have a bank account in her name or jointly with you if the collector has a judgment against you.

Since your wife is a homemaker without income she should have no assets for as long as she has outstanding debts.

If you want to discuss this situation in confidence, please email me at Email consults are free; there is a charge of $50 for a 30 minute phone consult.