Do both parents have to agree to give grandparents full custody of their grandchild

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Robert Jason De Groot

Answered 2 years ago

Both parents should agree. However, in Florida, grandparents can file a petition for temporary custody of a minor by extended family, either with or without the consent of the parents. It is much easier to accomplish with consents. If they do not consent, the grandparents have to prove that they are unfit, just like the state would have to prove it in a termination of parental rights action. Call for a free consultation.