Clearwater, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I am on probation for ten years in florida. I'm trying to move to nh who has a max of five years. Will they accept me?

Charged with aggrivated battery for bar fight. Sentenced to 13 mo prison, 2 years conmunity control, 10 years probation,200 hrs community sevice and aa 3 times a week. I have done the 13 months and a year of community control. I'm planning to go in front of the judge soon to early term the community control. (I have done everything they asked for) all of my family is in nh. My wife and children want to go back home. Will they accept me? NH has a max of 5 years probation. Does that matter with interstate compact? Is there anything I can do to put this behind us? Please help...I'm a good person, hardworker and father who made a mistake.I quit drinking and havn't done anything wrong since.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You would need to contact the probation people in NH to find out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.