Port St. Lucie, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: If you have the child for almost two years with no contact with the mother, and you have proof of her not supporting the child...

...how can you stop back pay child support? I filled sole custody, did everything, but they said my diligent search didn't have enough information. How can I get more details to support we made a search for mother?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: An affidavit has to be filled out stating exactly what has been done to try to locate her, but that is not what you need. You need to retain an attorney. These things are not something you can just find the right form for and make everything all right. Publishing in the newspaper will not get child support ordered for you. You have to get personal service over her.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.