Scranton, PA asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania

Q: How do I file a job loss claim of age discrimination?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Before bringing a law suit for age discrimination, an employee must first file a complaint with an administrative agency. In Pennsylvania,, you may file a complaint of age discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (if your employer has more than 20 employees), or the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission if your employer does not meet the minimum employee requirement to be covered under federal age discrimination law. You have a limited time to file charges with an administrative agency, so I would advise you to consult an employment attorney near you and move quickly if you believe you've been discriminated against at work.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.