Can a minor at 13 change their last name? If not how does one ch ange the minors last name. Is the ssi # the same?

More details:

I live in Florida since 1997 my xwife is still in ohio

Got remarried and changed my sons last name he was 13

.ohio then sent me a letter stating no longer going to 2010 ohio said I owe back support my son is married with 5 kids and a different last name. Now I'm disabiled

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Robert Jason De Groot

Answered 1 year ago

You will need to ask an attorney in Ohio if a minor's last name can be changed there without the consent of both parents. In Florida both parents must consent. The ss# remains the same.