Which is more comprehension when requesting a copy of bankruptcy papers from archives docket sheet or preselected docs

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Robert Jason De Groot

Answered 1 year ago

Your question is confusing. I believe you can request copies through pacer, the filing system in federal court. Or you can go to the clerk of the bankruptcy court where the bankruptcy was filed and request copies. Either should be complete.

Andrew Bresalier

Answered 1 year ago

Only if the case is prior to 2010 do you have to request it from the archives. If you must, ask for actual docs, as the docket sheet is merely a list of the docs.

If the case is after 2010, you can access the docs for free from your computer via Pacer, a free governmental site.