Bryn Mawr, PA asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania

Q: How can I find out what my daughters trust fund says

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Cary, NC
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: How old is your daughter? Is she under 18? Or is she handicapped? If she is under 18 or if you are her legal guardian and if she is a beneficiary of a trust she can make a demand on the trustee for a copy of the trust. The trustee is required to apprise all beneficiaries of the terms of the trust.

Is the trust in PA? If so, see 20 Pa.C.S.A. § 7780.3. Duty yo Inform and Report.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.