My spouse wants a divorce & will be taking my kids far away from me

More details:

My wife wants a divorce & will be taking my kids about 400 miles away from me.It would be difficult for me to visit them every weekend if they go so far. Is there any law to stop her from taking kids far away from me?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Paula J. Mcgill

Answered 1 year ago

You should hire an experienced local attorney to form a stategy that fits your budget, needs, and schedule. This should be done as soon as possible before she moves.

Even if you oppose it, if the court determines it is in the best interest of the children to be with the mother 400 miles away, it will allow the children to move with the mother.