If i live in maryland and me and my girlfriend have custody but not thru the courts can she take my 2 year old son to

More details:

florida and if i open a custody hearing case does she have to come back here until we go to court

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Paula J. Mcgill

Answered 1 year ago

Maryland will have jurisdiction of the matter up to six months after she leaves the state. The court will determine if she must return. A temporary hearing may be required to resolve that issue. I strongly recommend you find local counsel and file to legalize the child and to obtain custody/visitation as soon as possible. It is logistically better to file and serve her before she leaves the state.