Los Angeles, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: My Wife is a US Citizen, Do I still need to leave the Country in order to fix my Status? Can a Waiver help me?

I Had my Interview with Immigration at Ciudad Juarez Mexico, But I Didn't Showed up because I was scared for them to leave me there for a long time, I don't have any Criminal Record, I do my Taxes every Year and I have every single paper work that they ask for, I'm just wondering if there's any new law or waiver that would let me fix my status with out leaving the country, all my Daughters and my wife are normal, no one needs special care

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tanvir Joshi
Tanvir Joshi
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Fresno, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Disclaimer: The following advice is for informational purposes only and should NOT be relied on as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed through these questions and answers. Check our website http://www.joshilawfirm.com to contact us and discuss your case in detail.

It will be very difficult to answer your question without discussing more facts about your case. You should definitely consult an attorney. Your case is complex and it needs experienced immigration attorney's advice.

There are waivers available but even after a waiver an alien may have to leave the country. However, provisional waivers may decrease these waits substantially. Different waivers have different requirements which can only be determined after you discuss your case in detail with an attorney.

There may be other ways where you could adjust your status without leaving the country. However, as mentioned above, no yes or no answer can be given unless more facts are present.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.