Saint Louis, MO asked in Car Accidents for Missouri

Q: I was involved in an accident, convicted &paid restitution & now am being sued for the damages that restitution covered

it was an alcohol related accident in missouri. I didn't have insurance. i was convicted and went to prison. restitution was paid as part of my probation and that was the thousand dollar deductible to repair the other person's car. now they are suing for the amount of the vehicle replacement plus $1500 for supposed injuries. i can't afford an attorney as i can't work. i can't get a driver's license for another 8 years and virtually impossible to find work with a felony. I have no assets in my name. what do I do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Hahn
Andrew Hahn
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You need to hire an attorney to assist you. I know you are worried about finances, but there are attorneys who could assist you. You should look into the Arch Defenders or the LSEM.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.