Baltimore, MD asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland

Q: If you haven't had a valid drivers license since 2003 and in 2014 had points do to a ticket , can my license be suspende

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jobeth Rocky Bowers
Jobeth Rocky Bowers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Elkton, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: If you did not have a valid driver's license when you got the points on the new ticket, your license may not be suspended, but your privilege to drive may be, as well as your eligibility to obtain your license, depending on the number of points on your license. You may want to consult an attorney handling these types of cases. Typically the first step my office takes in attempting to fix someone's license status is to request a certified full copy of your driving record. Then we work through and try to clean things up to get your license valid before going to court. Typically this happens when someone hires us for a driving on suspended license charge.

Call motor vehicles, or a traffic lawyer, and they'll be able to help look this up for you and do some research for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.