Columbia, MD asked in Family Law for Maryland

Q: Ex filed an answer without using forms and not referencing any paragraphs. What happens now?

I filed a Motion to Modify Child Support because our daughter moved back in with me and I was granted physical custody. Up to this point I was not giving him money for child support while our daughter lived with him because we had a consent order stating that my child support obligation was waived to pay back a judgment my ex owed me. My ex filed an answer but he did not use the dom rel form and didn't even reference each paragraph. It was just his stream of consciousness about how all I care about is money. He is also asking the court to make me pay for extra expenses while the children lived with him for gymnastics and horseback riding lessons, saying I didn't pay child support so I should be responsible for those expenses. In addition, he included his thoughts on issues I mailed letters to him about that the court is not even involved with yet like a reimbursement request for medical and dental expenses. How do you think the court will respond to his answer?What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Evan M. Koslow
Evan M. Koslow
  • Annapolis, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: The Court will either admit what he filed as an Answer or reject and require him to refile.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.