Odenton, MD asked in Child Support for Maryland

Q: My Child Support is done, MD states that I owe more because of a clerical error they made. What can I do?

I was issued a Stop Order for payments and a letter of termination of future payments by MD, however, TX states that I have to continue till she graduates High School, MD also states they messed up on the amount and for the past 10 years, they never included medical. They are trying to collect on that. I think this is unfair considering it was not my mistake.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Evan M. Koslow
Evan M. Koslow
  • Annapolis, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: try to work with OCSE and/or file for correction with the Court ASAP. You may need to hire an attorney (spend money to save money)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.