Springfield, OR asked in Immigration Law for Oregon

Q: My husband had his interview finally. Now they say we need cosponsor. I have low income.

He has over $300,000 in property and land and will sell them to come here, and he has $50,000 cash in the bank, and he has a job contract for the next 3 years, on a project which brings in $7000 a month income. Why do we need a co-sponsor? Cant he come on his income alone? Once he gets here I will go off SSI, due to disability, and he will support me. And bring all his money with him, and we will start a business here, while he still maintains his job overseas.