Coos Bay, OR asked in Immigration Law for Oregon

Q: Am I eligible to adjust status here in the states?

I came over to look at college in October 2014 on the visa waiver program. I met my husband who had already been a friend I had been chatting to and we started dating. He proposed at Christmas because we didn't want to be apart and decided to just get married the year after. I have overstayed my vwp by 6 months and am three months pregnant. We got married in August. Am I still eligible to adjust status here in Oregon? I am worried about deportation because of the pregnancy and my husband is a veteran who needs medical care that would not be available in Europe.

This 245i clause, is that applicable to me? USCIS said I had nothing to worry about but didn't mention $1000 fine.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sanford, FL

A: Seek advice from an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.