Griffin, GA asked in Probate for Mississippi

Q: My two brothers and I own the family estate together. Our parents were killed in an auto accident 20 years ago.

One of the brothers has not paid any of the taxes, insurance or utilities since 2004. And is living in the home. Does he have legal right to his share. Or can I and my other brother take his share from him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot

A: This just is not a fast food restaurant where you can get what you want quickly. The whole matter must be reviewed by an attorney in your area. It might be possible to bring a partition action. Or something else might be possible in your state.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.