Seattle, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: My boyfriend and I were very intoxicated. We got in a fight when he was trying to drive his carHe was arrested on DV

Assault-strangulation. We both attacked each other and hit each other. Due to being drunk I said he attacked me and strangled me when I wouldn't give him the keys. I in fact, might of been the first person to hit get physical. He did put his hands on me and they definitely did get enough evidence of that. I want to get this reduced for him what can I do? I'm in Washington state

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carl Munson JR
Carl Munson JR
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bellingham, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Contact the prosecutor and let them know. Contact the defense attorney and let them know.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.