North Myrtle Beach, SC asked in Landlord - Tenant for Rhode Island

Q: I have sent my tenants (RI) a Termination of Tenancy on a yearly lease. Notice was sent approx. 31/2 months before the

lease ends in April. They have said they are not going so their children can finish the school year. They had already moved at the same time last year with the children. Can a judge allow them to stay? BTW, I chose not to renew because of frequent late rent payments and abusive emails. They also owe me about $800.00 in utilities which they refuse to pay.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: It seems you may have to file an eviction action. This will go most smoothly with an experienced attorney at your side.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.