Salisbury, NC asked in Medical Malpractice for North Carolina

Q: how to deal with medical malpractice or negligence.

I am currently the one that has power of attorney for my brother who is non responsive in a major hosp in NC. There are discrepancies from the transferring hosp to the receiving hosp concerning his case which I will explain if contacted. I have his medical records. He is currently looking at being placed in a long term medical facility and possibly never coming out of this due to traumatic brain injury,along with other less serious injuries. I have even been told by Dr's that I needed to get these records and review them. One report states that he "ambulated himself out of the ER without permission" the other report (EMS) states that he was "Discharged". then found later in front of the ER in this condition. There were suspicions of possible brain injuries when he was in the ER.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: I suggest you contact a member of the NC Trial Lawyers Assn /Assn for Justice --who handles medical carelessness cases. They give free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.