Vero Beach, FL asked in Consumer Law and Lemon Law for Florida

Q: do I have any recourse against a retail furniture store that falsely advertised their product as leather?

I paid in full furniture set advertised as top grain leather, then delivered bonded furniture & w/in 1 week the color began rubbing off. They replaced two pieces and now the 3rd piece of the set doing the same. The 2 replaced pieces are also defective and had tags on the protective plastic wrap that clearly states the products are bonded leather. I demanded a refund and was told I could only get store credit that must be redeemed within 30 days, even though I made my original purchase only a month ago. I do not wish to buy from a company that I no longer have faith in. Do I have any recourse beyond suing in Vero beach Florida

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan A. Klurfeld
Jonathan A. Klurfeld
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Other than suing or their return policy, no.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.