Capitol Heights, MD asked in Contracts, Business Law and Consumer Law for Maryland

Q: A LLC business issued me an insufficient funds checks and has done for numerous times. How do I file a complaint?

A check cashing company has blocked the company because he uses different names and accounts. The funds never clear. When I attempted to contact the owner he refuses to call me back. His mailbox is full and office says they don't know how to contact him. Can you advise me on how to file a formal complaint?

1 Lawyer Answer
Davin Van Eyken
Davin Van Eyken
  • Laurel, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You can only sue under a cause of action. This seems like a breach of contract and fraud claim case. You have to formerly allege in your complaint what this person has done and the damages it has caused you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.