Kent, WA asked in Child Custody for Washington

Q: Need to prepare for court hearing concerning a new parenting plan to get my son back full custody.

The story is long here, but short version is I have a court hearing coming up and need to get my five-year-old back with me full custody. He is much better off with me, better living conditions, with his friends and neighborhood he grew up with. If someone thinks they can help me then I will give you details. His mother is seriously nelecting him, very poor living conditions, with inappropriate behavior.. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marjorie Simmons
Marjorie Simmons
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Burlington, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: You can start or continue learning about parenting plans at

In King county you can call 211 to reach the Northwest Justice Project where you may find additional help. Visit the court's website to determine any court-specific rules that will apply to your hearing, and visit the courthouse to find your way around. Make yourself a list of the most important considerations to you, in view of what you learn on the Washington Law Help website. Be on time, wear business or business/casual dress, and rather than argue with the judge, be open to offering alternative solutions that can achieve your goals at least in part if not in full. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.